This feature requires the gift card addon on your integration account.
With our gift card integration, loading (and/or activating) a gift card is a quick-and-easy process. Gift cards reloads can be rang up just like a regular item, and can be funded with any form of tender.
1. Open QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Open up QuickBooks Point of Sale. If prompted, sign in as a user with permissions to make sales.
2. Open the Make a Sale screen.
From the Home screen, click the Make a Sale option.
3. Add a gift card purchase/recharge item.
Click on the Gift button (and, if needed, the Gift Card button). When prompted, select the Purchase/recharge option, and fill in the amount to load onto the card.
It's not necessary to swipe/key in the gift card number into the field below the amount. This is used for reporting in QuickBooks Point of Sale, and does not actually affect gift card processing.
A message mentioning that your QuickBooks Payments account is not connected is normal. This shows that your credit cards are not being processed by Intuit Merchant Services, and should be processed by your credit card processor.
4. Swipe the gift card, or key it in.
When prompted by the integration, swipe the gift card (or key in the gift card number).
5. Verify that the gift card funds were loaded.
It's important to verify that the transaction completed successfully before saving the receipt. Look for the following information:
- An authorization number should be visible in the notes field.
- Checking the PT-History or PT-Activity screen should show a successful payment.
If any of the following occurs, the transaction was not processed:
- No notes/authorization number in the notes field on the receipt
- No signature line/authorization number on the receipt
- A message is show mentioning that "The transaction has been cancelled. Please remove the payment from QBPOS and start again."
- A processing error screen appears.
If any of these occur, remove the transaction from the receipt by clicking on the Gift button (and Gift Card, if needed), and click the Remove button next to the applicable payment.
For a quick reference card on if a transaction has been processed, refer to the attached PDF.
6. Pay for the transaction as normal.
Proceed with paying for the transaction as normal (with whatever tender type is desired).