While QuickBooks Point of Sale offers the Sales History screen for viewing all recent transactions, the need may arise to view recent credit-card transactions (not necessarily which ones were saved in Point of Sale). The Point of Sale integration offers a couple of methods to do just that, via our PT-Activity and PT-History screens.
1. Open QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Open up QuickBooks Point of Sale, and sign in as a cashier with permissions to view past transactions.
2. Open the appropriate transaction history screen.
On the left-hand side of the screen, two buttons are available for viewing past credit card transactions:
- PT-Activity: Shows transactions in an as-it-happened list. For example, a sale and a void would show as two separate line items, each at the time that they occurred.
- PT-History: Shows transactions in a per-transaction list. For example, a sale and a void would show as one line item, at the time the initial sale occured.
3. Confirm the expected transaction was recorded.
In either case, there should be record of the transaction that was recently processed - if not, there's a good chance that the transaction wasn't processed.