The Payment Terminal integration allows for merchants to review their past credit card/ACH transactions processed through the Payment Terminal software. This allows for verification that a card was charged, referring to processing issues, or checking on the status of a previous transaction.
The Payment Terminal does not currently show transactions processed on a different integration or terminal. Our developers are investigating adding this feature to the Payment Terminal at this moment - check back here for future updates!
1. Launch the Payment Terminal, and open the Transaction History screen.
The Transaction History screen can also be accessed from the Reporting menu, at the top of the Payment Terminal window.
2. Find the specific transaction you're wishing to void/refund. The following fields can be used to filter transactions:
- Customer: Based on which QuickBooks Customer the transaction was processed for (only if processed from the Payment Terminal for QuickBooks).
- Status: Based on if a transaction was successful or had previous refunds.
- Payment Method: Based on the type of credit card used for the initial transaction.
- Product: Based on which integration completed the transaction (only if using multiple integrations on your account).
- Authorization #: The specific authorization number for the previous transaction (printed on the receipt, and will go directly to that transaction).
- Payment Date: Based on the date the initial transaction was completed (i.e. not including previous refunds).
- Transaction Type: Based on the type of transaction that was initially processed (only if processed from the Payment Terminal for QuickBooks).
3. Click Search to find applicable transactions.
4. After the search has completed, a variety of different options are available:
- Void/Refund : Select a transaction, and follow the instructions listed on our void/refund guide.
- View Receipt: Select a transaction, and click the View Receipt button. This will generate a copy of the sale receipt (and, if applicable, the void/refund receipt), and allow for reprinting/resending the receipt via email.
- Export: Click the Export button to export a report of the currently shown transactions to an Excel-compatible spreadsheet.