The Connections tab is designed to allow for merchants to adjust which integration/merchant accounts the Payment Terminal is connected to. Note that these settings change depending on which QuickBooks company file is open.
Add New Account
Connect a new integration account to this company file. Review the directions below for more information.
The display name for this integration account in the Payment Terminal. This is purely for display, and is only shown in the Account menu at the top-right.
The five-digit company ID provided by your merchant services provider or the Payment Terminal Services department (not your Merchant ID/MID or Terminal ID/TID). This identifies your merchant account to our servers.
Store Key/User ID
The store key is a long string of characters, and the user ID is another five-digit number. These user credentials are provided by your merchant services provider or the Payment Terminal Services department, and identify this user to our servers.
By default, the Payment Terminal Services department may configure your account to only have one user ID, unless requested otherwise.
The country this merchant account will be used in. Required for compliance purposes.
If using multiple integration accounts with this company file, this account will be loaded by default.
Tests the connection to the servers for the integration. This should be used when connecting a new account.
Deletes the integration account from the Payment Terminal.
This does not cancel your integration account - to do so, please contact Payment Terminal Services or your merchant services provider.
Saves any changes to the currently-selected integration account.
The green SAVE button will save all changes overall, whereas this option only saves the changes to the credentials for the current integration account.
One QuickBooks Company File/Integration Account
1. Open the QuickBooks Company File as a QuickBooks admin user.
2. Open the Payment Terminal, and go to the Settings screen when prompted.
3. Fill in the Display Name and other connection fields, then click Test. If the test is successful, click Save, then SAVE (in the bottom-right corner).
Additional Integration Accounts (for this company file)
1. Click the Add New Account button, near the top of the window.
2. Fill in the Display Name and other connection fields, then click Test. If the test is successful, click Save, then SAVE (in the bottom-right corner).
3. Repeat the above two steps for each additional integration account.
4. Switch between each account using the Account selector in the top-right corner.
Additional QuickBooks Company File
1. Open up the additional QuickBooks Company File as the Admin user.
2. Open up the Payment Terminal and/or click on the Settings dialog. You should be prompted for new integration credentials.
3. Complete the above steps for this Company File/each integration account which should be connected to this Company File.
4. Repeat the above steps for each additional Company File.